MaineHealth bills provide you and your family more information with fewer mailings, by consolidating billing information for MaineHealth organizations in one place. Now, Maine Medical Center, Maine Medical Partners, Western Maine Healthcare and Pen Bay Physicians are using the same system. By December 2013, most MaineHealth members will be added to this new consolidated statement.
- MaineHealth bills for services that your healthcare coverage does not pay and for which you are responsible. The information below will help you to understand our Patient Statement Program and how to pay your bill.
- If you have no health insurance, your first statement will say that we are billing you for services provided. If you cannot pay your bill, look for information on your statement about the programs available to help you pay your hospital bills . View a sample of your consolidated statement (.pdf).
- Once all health insurances have paid their portion of charges, MaineHealth will send you a consolidated statement showing the current amount due from you.
- The patient consolidated statement provides an important message for you on the collection process, for example: “Please pay upon receipt of this statement” or “Your account is past due. Please remit upon receipt of this statement”.
- If you do not pay the amount due upon receipt of this patient consolidated statement MaineHealth will continue sending patient consolidated statements approximately 30 days apart. If you do not pay the amount due or establish a monthly payment plan, your account will be sent to our outside collection agency.
- If you have established a monthly payment plan with MaineHealth, the installment amount will be billed to you monthly.
This monthly patient consolidated statement will provide details of new activity and any new amounts due on the account, for example, if you make a payment, the next statement will reflect that payment.
- If, at any time during the statement process you have any questions, please contact the MaineHealth Patient Financial Services department , Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at (207) 396-8666 or toll free at (866) 804-2499. You can also fill out our contact us form.