Providing World Class Cancer Care Close to Home
The best care at the right place at the right time, as close to home as possible. That is our highly integrated cancer care delivery model.
The MaineHealth Cancer Care Network is an innovative collaboration between MaineHealth hospitals delivering comprehensive, patient-centered care to patients in Maine and Mt. Washington Valley, New Hampshire.
Launched in 2017 in part with a $10 million grant from The Harold Alfond® Foundation, this integrated cancer care delivery model connects patients to world-class, coordinated cancer treatment.
Through the MaineHealth Cancer Care Network, our health network and expert providers work together to address cancer incidence and mortality in Maine. Together we have adopted strategies and guidelines to better serve the MaineHealth community.
The MaineHealth Cancer Care Network’s delivery model was developed with a goal of providing the right care in the right location as close to home as possible.
- Tertiary cancer services are provided at Maine Medical Center.
- Intermediate and basic cancer services are provided through MaineHealth network hospitals and clinical settings.
Nationally Recognized for Quality
MaineHealth network hospitals have been honored for a commitment to providing quality cancer care by the following organizations:
- Commission on Cancer (CoC) Accreditation: Maine Medical Center, Southern Maine Health Care, Pen Bay Medical Center, St. Mary’s Health System, Mid Coast-Parkview Health and MaineGeneral.
- Commission on Cancer National Accreditation Program for Breast Cancer: Maine Medical Center, Southern Maine Health Care, St. Mary’s Health System.
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Accreditation: Maine Medical Center