Child Care Connections
MaineHealth is doing as much as possible to protect our team members and their families during the COVID-19 outbreak. Because of the need for social distancing and self-isolation, MaineHealth is unable to provide on-site child care. However, to support our MaineHealth community throughout the COVID-19 outbreak, we are developing a directory of care options for team members and their families.
We encourage the MaineHealth community and external partners to contribute to this directory to support the demand for child care at this time. Click here to submit a caregiver or organization. The directory is updated in real time, so check back frequently for updates.
Please be aware that MaineHealth is not vetting or reviewing any individual or company. We are simply providing a resource for sharing information. Individual due diligence is important when considering a caregiver for your family member. Questions? 207-662-6202
Find a Caregiver
Additional Child Care Support:
To search for a licensed child care provider in Maine: https://childcarechoices.me
To search for a licensed child care provider in New Hampshire: https://childcarecenter.us/county/carroll_nh
The State of Maine, Office of Child & Family Services (OCFS) is assessing the situation related to COVID-19 and making plans to support Maine children and families across the state. For families who participate in the Child Care Subsidy Program (CCSP), OCFS has implemented the following:
- Extending all current awards that are due for renewal for 90 days allowing for additional time for families to submit their documentation:
- Assessing and covering the cost of parent fees on an as needed basis for 60 days:
- Increasing a parent’s award authorization when they are in need of more hours of care; and
- Bringing new families onto CCSP on an emergency basis and allowing them 60 days to provide the necessary eligibility documentation.
- To search for a child care provider, visit https://childcarechoices.me
- To apply for CCSP visit https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/ocfs/ec/occhs/step.htm
For questions related to support provided by the State, contact OCFS at 1-877-680-5866 or 207-624-7999 or by email at: CCSP.DHHS@Maine.gov
Web: https://members.healthadvocate.com (Enter: “MaineHealth”)
Disclaimer: MaineHealth is providing contact information on caregivers solely for the convenience of our employees. MaineHealth has not conducted any evaluation, review, or background check on any individual or company listed here and is not recommending or endorsing any particular service, company, or caregiver. Employees must perform their own assessment and due diligence in evaluating potential caregivers for family members.