Frequently Asked Questions
What are the days and hours of operation?
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Are meals and/or snacks provided?
Yes, meals and snacks are provided based on time and attendance. We serve a morning snack, a hot lunch and an afternoon snack daily.
How do we care for our guests?
- Therapeutic and recreational activities
- Standardized assessments to screen for depression and cognitive impairment
- Personalized therapeutic programs and activities to address needs
- Assistance with activities of daily living (grooming, bathing, toileting, eating)
- Nursing services (medication administration, assessments and evaluations)
- Evaluations for speech, swallowing and ambulation safety
- Social services
- Geriatric health care navigation
- Participant and caregiver support and education
How often are individual service plans written and updated?
Care Plans are created upon enrollment and reviewed on an as needed basis. At a minimum, they are reviewed bi-annually.
What ancillary services are offered, if needed?
Transportation, bathing, hair styling and nail care are all available for an additional cost. These services are paid directly by the guest in advance of service delivery.
What types of leisure activities are provided?
- Creative arts programming including watercolor, clay and collage
- Ecology programming with hands on experiences, presentations and discussions
- Outdoor activities like croquet, corn hole and gardening
- Music and singing
- Peer conversation groups (topics according to guest interests)
- Physical movement activities including dance, stretching and (chair) yoga
- Coffee and tea at the Valley Café
- Quiet activities like building models, knitting and magnetic darts
What is the cost?
The cost of services is $75 for a five hour day (minimum charge per visit). Additional time over five hours per day is billed at $12 per additional hour (billed in hourly increments).
What is your billing and payment policy?
Guests will receive a bill on the first Monday of each month, or upon enrollment, for the upcoming month. Payment must be received for the month in advance. Ancillary services are not billed or payable by insurance or Medicaid and must be paid in advance.
What payment types are accepted?
- Medicaid (Managed Care Programs, Choices for Independent Living; Pre-authorizations may be required)
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Private Pay
What other supporting documents do I need to provide, if applicable?
- Medicaid Card
- Durable Power of Attorney for Finances
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care
- Living Will
What if my loved one doesn’t want to participate in activities?
While we encourage inclusion and participation, it is up to our guests to decide if they want to join in an activity. Guests are always welcome to observe. They may want to take advantage of the quiet library for a little solitude and rest, or they can opt to take a stroll in our beautiful courtyard.
What is your cancellation policy?
Payment for services is billed in advance for the month. If a guest does not attend as planned, there is no refund or credit. If the center closes due to inclement weather, guests will be credited for that reserved time.
Does the center close when it snows or when there is other inclement weather?
Closures and cancellations will be weather dependent. Our goal is to remain open unless the weather circumstances are hazardous for staff and/or guests.
How will I know if there is a cancellation?
Cancellations, delays and early closures will be announced on our Facebook page and on local radio stations such as WMUR. We will also leave a message on our main phone line: 603-356-4980.