Social Media Policy
Connect with us
MaineHealth maintains active communities on social media channels. If you are interested in participating, please join the conversation. Open discussions are welcome and we look forward to any comments, stories and experiences you want to share. However, before you post, please read the following guidelines.
Guidelines for participation
We encourage social media conversations with or about MaineHealth. You are welcome to comment, and share your experiences. We make reasonable efforts to monitor participation to ensure that participants stay on topic, are courteous and refrain from offensive comments. Information posted on any of our social media channels is not medical advice and under no circumstances does it replace a consultation with a health care professional.
Opinions and/or views expressed on MaineHealth social media channels represent the thoughts of the individual commenters, and not those of MaineHealth nor our system organizations. MaineHealth reserves the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any comments. Comments including, but not limited to, the following may be deleted or edited by the administrators:
- Comments that violate the privacy of our patients and their families;
- Abusive or hurtful comments;
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, web sites, organizations and programs not related to or affiliated with MaineHealth or Raising Readers);
- Comments that use foul language or "hate speech" (racial-, ethnic- or gender-bashing language);
- Personal attacks or defamatory comments (i.e., making negative personal comments about a fellow commenter, instead of just expressing a difference of opinion);
- Content that violates copyright or other law, or that may be confidential.
Do not disclose personal health information online
- All web sites linked to or from MaineHealth system social media sites are provided as a service to readers. Such linkage does not constitute endorsement of those sites by MaineHealth. We are not responsible for the content of external websites.
- By submitting content to any of the MaineHealth system social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that MaineHealth may use this information for internal and external activities, including promotions and fundraising.
- By posting your own content to any of these sites or pages, you are allowing other users to access, view and potentially alter and/or repost your content.
- MaineHealth has no control over how others use the information you have made available on our social media channels. If you do not wish your information to be published, copied and/or reprinted, please do not post it.
- Please exercise caution when posting medical information and do not disclose personal identifiable information such as your location, medical record number and financial information.