Psychiatric Nursing Staff
Psychiatric Nursing at Spring Harbor Hospital is represented by nurses who are an integral part of the multidisciplinary team. In that role our nurses work with individuals, families, and their support systems to promote optimal bio-psycho-social functioning. They serve individuals with major mental illnesses, co-occurring disorders and developmental disorders across the life span.
In this dynamic, highly specialized field, nurses join with the patient to support them in their journey toward recovery and use evidence-informed care to provide:
- ongoing assessment of individual needs
- psycho education
- a safe therapeutic milieu
- early recognition, proactive interventions, de-escalation and crisis management
- medication management
- motivational strategies to foster change support in the patient's transition to the community
- development of relapse prevention plans that include recognition of need for increased level of care
- education to our patients, families, and the community in an effort to reduce stigma
- advocacy for our patients and helping them to advocate for themselves
Spring Harbor's nurses continually develop their skills to meet the complexities of mental health disorders.