Master Trainer Session Information
Master Trainer sessions are offered by MaineHealth's Partnership for Healthy Aging. The Master Trainer session will provide you with information and materials to implement A Matter of Balance in your community. As a result of the training, you will become a Master Trainer prepared to:
- Recruit and train volunteers to lead A Matter of Balance classes
- Coordinate the program in your community
- Market the program to older adults
- Evaluate outcomes
What is the cost for a Master Trainer session?
The fee for a Master Trainer session is $1,550.00 per person. This includes:
- Two-day training
- License to train lay leaders
- Comprehensive curriculum materials
- Master Trainer Manual (view Table of Contents)
- Master Trainer CD-ROM (contains contents of manual)
- Two DVDs: Fear of Falling and Exercise: It's Never Too Late
Group training by request
Partnership for Healthy Aging can also send a team of two Lead Trainers to your site to train a group of 11-20 people to become Master Trainers. The fees are based upon the size of the group as follows:
11-15 participants: $16,000* plus $220 per person for materials
16-20 participants: $18,500* plus $220 per person for materials
* Travel, meals and lodging for the two Lead Trainers will be charged at cost.
If you are interested in attending a Master Trainer session or hosting a group on site, please call Partnership for Healthy Aging at 207-661-7120 or send an email.
What qualities and experience do you need to become a Master Trainer?
Experience and interest in working with older adults
Knowledge about the special needs of older adults
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Experience with group process and facilitation
Comfort with teaching, leading group discussion and role play
Willingness to learn about and support the principles and protocols of evidence-based programs
Enthusiasm about being a member of a team
Ability to use audiovisual equipment (TV/DVD, overhead projector)
Ability to perform range-of-motion and low-level endurance exercises and to demonstrate A Matter of Balance exercises
Ability to carry up to 20 pounds
Life experience valued with an education or healthcare background a plus