Our Guiding Principles
The following provides the baseline perspective from which MaineHealth's efforts are developed.
- We are committed to improving the health status of our communities.
- We will preserve our commitment to the ideals of our not-for-profit tradition, including access to care for all.
- We are committed to quality, cost-effective, safe, and patient- and family-centered care.
- We believe that integration of physicians and other healthcare providers is essential to delivering high quality care.
- We recognize that risk management is essential to assuring financial sustainability.
- We will continue to be a leader in healthcare policy development.
- We are committed to being a leader in reducing the rate of increase in healthcare costs.
- We are committed to being a leader in innovating system changes that enhance the value of care.
- We recognize that data management and analysis are keys to improving the value of care.
- We recognize that a highly-qualified, engaged and committed workforce is essential to delivering high value care.