Childbirth Education 4-week Series 10/04-10/25 (Thursdays) 6p-8p
Registration is per person.
These comprehensive classes are designed to provide you and your labor partner with the information, skills, and resources to prepare you for the birth of your baby.
- Class#1: Introduction to Labor & Delivery
- Recommended for all first-time pregnant women and their birth partners, this class covers the stages and phases of labor, what to expect physically and emotionally, the importance of labor support, and more. You will also see birth videos. This class also includes a teaching tour of the Family Birth Center.
- Class#2:Practical Skills and Comfort Measures
- This class will cover comfort measures such as relaxation, breathing, and positions that you can use both at home and while at the hospital. Even mothers planning to use medication for pain relief will utilize skills to manage labor prior to and in conjunction with the use of medication.
- Class#3: Medications and Interventions
- Be an active participant in the decisions that affect you and your baby. Learn about induction of labor, unplanned cesareans, vacuum, fetal monitoring and more. Whether you are planning on using pain medications, or just want to understand the available options, this class will provide you the information you need to make informed decisions regarding pain relief.
- Class#4: Putting It Together
- To wrap it up, this class puts into practice all of the skills and knowledge from the first three classes in a labor rehearsal and birth plan exercise. This class also includes an opportunity for Q&A.
We recommend attending this class between the 28th and 32nd week of pregnancy.
**This class is free to MaineCare participants. If you have MaineCare, please enter MAINECARE in the promo code section of your class registration.