Health Literacy, Plain Language & Clear Health Communication
Learn how to:
- Describe how plain language works across audiences and media, to address health literacy challenges and create clear communication
- Use an evidence-based tool to assess materials, based on key elements of plain language
- Use a readability formula to learn whether your material is likely to be understood “on the first read”
- Practice skills for writing plain language and plain numbers
- Consider basic layout and design to enhance reading ease
Sue Stableford, MPH, MSB, a national plain language expert and trainer, will present this workshop. It’s hands-on, interactive, and fast-paced.
If you write letters or materials for patients, families, or community members and have limited plain language experience, this workshop is for you. If you’re a more practiced writer, it’s a chance to review and improve. Whatever media you use- print, web, social media- plain language techniques grab attention.
Sign up to reserve your place. Class size is limited.