Healthy Lifestyles- Diabetes Prevention Program
This class meets weekly from Sept. 22 through Jan. 5, then monthly for 6 months (2nd Tuesday of each month). This class meets at Waldo County General Hospital.
The CDC-led National Diabetes Prevention Program is a lifestyle change program for preventing type 2 diabetes.
- You may have prediabetes and be at risk for Type 2 diabetes if you:
- Are 45 years of age or older
- Are overweight
- Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
- Are physically active fewer than 3 times per week
- Ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes) or gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds
With the program you will receive:
- A CDC-approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you
- 16 weekly sessions
- 6 monthly follow-up sessions to help you maintain healthy lifestyle changes — and fun
Click here to take a quiz to see if you are at risk! Please note: This program is NOT for people who have been diagnosed as diabetic.
To get your missed WOW! Rewards, you must attend at least 12 of the 16 core sessions before December 31, 2015. This program is not available in all areas but we are working on getting it at each organization within the next year.