STABLE October 4, 2018 MaineGeneral
Registration starts at 7:30 a.m.
Refreshments and Lunch will be on your own
Topics to Include:
• Discuss issues of patient safety and error reduction in the delivery of nursing and medical infant care.
• Identify infants at increased risk for becoming hypothermic.
• Summarize basic evaluation of neonatal respiratory distress.
• Discuss the causes, presentation and initial treatment of hypovolemic, cardiogenic, and septic shock.
• Describe the clinical signs of neonatal sepsis
• Discuss the crisis that families face when the infant requires care in a neonatal intensive care unit.
You may find it helpful to have a STABLE Program Learner Manual with you during this class.
You may borrow a copy from your facility or purchase one from www.stableprogram.org
STABLE October 4 2018 MaineGeneral
Maine General Hospital, Augusta
35 Medical Center Parkway
Angela Rojecki, BSN, RN, RRT