Cancer Care News & Education
Learning what you need to know when it comes to your health isn't always easy. This is especially true if you or someone you love has cancer. How do you find information and resources you can trust? Browse our selections below to learn helpful information, education and news about living with cancer and cancer care.
Life After a Cancer Diagnosis
Life after a cancer diagnosis is about adjusting to a new normal. From getting the right nutrition to managing finances, the articles listed below provide helpful tips to addressing issues that are common for people with cancer and their loved ones.
The Cancer Resource Center
Staff will help anyone who needs health information. You do not need to be a patient of a MaineHealth member hospital or affiliate. We can help:
- Patients who want to learn about their disease, condition or treatment options
- Community members and cancer survivors who need healthy living tips and resources
- Health care providers looking for health education materials and resources
As a part of the MaineHealth Learning Resource Center program, there are health educators who can help you find out what you need to know. The health educator at the Cancer Resource Center specializes in cancer information.
We provide people with lots of services to help make them healthier.
- Health education classes
- Free library of health books, brochures and videos
- Personalized help from health educators to find out what you need to know
- Outreach programs to improve the health of Maine communities
To learn more about the MaineHealth Learning Resource Center program, call 866-206-9959.
How Can A Health Educator Help You?
Meet Ellie Foster, a MaineHealth health educator and learn about some of the free services health educators can provide to connect you with the reliable health information you need to be as healthy as you can be.