Work in Maine. It's a beautiful life.Maine is a spectacular place to live with natural beauty, plenty of outdoor activities, and a thriving arts and restaurant scene.
MaineHealth Physician Recruitment Center
Alison C. Nathanson, Director
For a nationwide search, contact:
A free resource to identify in house physician recruitment professionals nationwide
1. Quality of life - We take our quality of life pretty seriously in Maine. What's not to love? There's natural beauty just outside your door, and a sophisticated arts and food scene in downtown Portland.
2. Premier housing that's affordable - The average cost of a house in Maine is well below that of many other areas in the country. If you want to live on the ocean, in a small town, in the woods or in downtown Portland, there are many reasonably priced options.
3. We're close to New York and Boston - Boston is just 90 minutes by car from Portland, or you can catch a train in Portland and be at North Station in a few hours. New York City is about six hours by car from Portland, and even less if you take a direct flight from the Portland Jetport.
4. Crime? Not a problem - Maine has one of the lowest levels of crime in the United States, making it a safe place for you and your family.
5. Mainers are friendly and hardworking - While we're Yankees (but not necessarily Yankees fans) Maine people are warm and hardworking. You'll be impressed by your colleagues' dedication and passion for their work.
6. Schools are the best - Maine communities offer a wide array of public, private and magnet schools.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit family of care that includes an urban and community hospitals, physician practices, home health agencies and a lab. We are leading high-quality providers working together to make our communities the healthiest in America. Ranked among the nation's top 100 integrated delivery networks, MaineHealth includes the following member organizations:
Meet our staff. Give us a call.
We recruit and retain talented high-quality providers across the MaineHealth system by assisting physicians in identifying career choices that meet their personal and professional goals, allowing them to work together to make our communities the healthiest in America.
Alison C. Nathanson, Director
Alison Nathanson brings over 18 years of full cycle, in house recruitment experience to the MaineHealth Physician Recruitment Center. Prior to joining the Physician Recruitment Center, Alison spent 3 years as the Physician Recruitment Manager at Southern Maine Medical Center in Biddeford, where she was responsible for the hiring of all hospital employed physicians, including inpatient and outpatient physician practices.
Alison moved to Maine in 2004 from New York City, where she spent 14 years as the Director of Legal Recruitment & Associate Development at the international law firm of Covington & Burling. Alison was responsible for attorney hiring for the New York office and the summer associate program, in addition to the firm’s associate development and retention program. Alison grew up in New England and is a member of the Association of Staff Physician Recruiters (ASPR) and the Northeast Physician Recruiter Association (NEPRA).Alison is also on the Board of the Cancer Community Center in South Portland.
- Call Alison: 207-661-7383
- Email: email@example.com
Christine Morico, MMP Recruitment Coordinator
- Call Christine: 207-396-8771