MaineHealth Corporate Internship Program
2018 Student Interns
The MaineHealth Corporate Internship Program is a terrific opportunity for students to gain valuable insight and hands-on experience within Maine's largest healthcare system. These positions will be based primarily at the MaineHealth corporate office in Portland, ME.
These are paid positions. Undergraduate students are paid $12.50/hour and graduate students are paid $15/hour. Interns will be paired with a MaineHealth employee who will be their preceptor and mentor for the summer. The preceptor will assign several tasks and projects to the student. In addition to working closely with their preceptor, the interns will attend several learning sessions throughout the summer. These sessions include discussions with MaineHealth senior leaders, informative presentations about how to write effective resumes and cover letters, and mock-interview sessions to practice answering behavior-based interview questions. Interns will present a summary of their projects and tasks in mid-August at the intern final presentation session.
To be considered for a position with the MaineHealth Corporate Internship Program, students must enrolled full-time or part-time at an accredited educational institution (college, university, graduate school, medical school, etc.)
Apply to the MaineHealth Corporate Internship Program
Positions will be listed on this site in February 2019. The application period is February 1st - March 16th. Early and late applications will not be considered.
Things to Consider
- The program runs June - August.
- Interns work 32 - 40 hours a week.
- Interviews will be conducted March - April. Interviews may be done via phone or Skype if the student is unable to attend an in-person interview.
- There are several hiring/onboarding tasks that will happen April - May. The student will need to be in Portland, ME for some of these tasks.
- Interns are required to attend an intern orientation session on June 3rd before they can officially start their internship at MaineHealth.