Coping with COVID-19 Anxiety and Stress
Mindfulness and Stress Reduction
As we face this challenging time, we can all experience anxiety. Thankfully there are many tools we can use to manage stress more effectively.
- National Stress Awareness Month: Too much stress, or prolonged duration of sustained stress can have serious impacts on our overall health. In April, we observe National Stress Awareness month. The MaineHealth WOW! team has put together a calendar to provide some helpful tips and tricks to decrease your stress and maintain an healthy balance. View and download the calendar.
- Sanvello Stress Reduction App: This free self-management tool can help you manage stress, anxiety, and depression. It includes daily mood tracking, coping tools for specific concerns, and virtual peer support. Learn more about this stress reduction app.
- 10% Happier - Coronavirus Sanity Guide: This web-page includes: guided meditations, podcasts, blog posts, and talks focused on managing coronavirus-related stress and anxiety. View the sanity guide.
- How to Handle Coronavirus Anxiety Podcast: Listen to Dr. Luana Marques of the MGH Center for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Disorders program with other experts for a 1-hour podcast, sharing practical tips for managing coronavirus anxiety. Listen to the coronavirus anxiety podcast.
- Insight Timer: Browse a free library of over 30,000 recorded meditations for sleep, anxiety, stress, mindfulness, self-compassion, calming music, for kids, etc. Learn more about Insight Timer.
- meQuilibrium: meQuilibrium is is a stress management system designed to build your resilience. Discover your stress personality and triggers, uncover your habitual reactions when things get tough, and learn effective ways to and shift your response to stressful situations. meQuilibrium is available free through 5/31/20 on the Virgin Pulse Platform.
- Enrich: Enrich has partnered with Virgin Pulse to provide critical financial resources during this pandemic. Learn how to keep your finances in good health – get started today. Enrich is available free through 5/31/20 on the Virgin Pulse Platform.
- Free On-Line Yoga Classes: Engage in some form of movement daily. Yoga is a mind-body practice that combines physical poses, controlled breathing, and meditation or relaxation. Yoga may help reduce stress, lower blood pressure and lower your heart rate.
- Yoga with Adriene: Yoga with Adriene provides high quality practices on yoga and mindfulness at no cost to inspire people of all ages, shapes and sizes.
- YogaWorks: Online yoga classes with a 14-day free trial
- Down Dog App: Free yoga, HIIT and barre classes until July 1, 2020 for health care professionals. Please visit downdogapp.com/healthcare to register your work domain.
- Fitness Blender: For a wide variety of FREE professional workouts, including cardio, strength, and stretching videos for every fitness level, check out Fitness Blender.
- Connecting with other people is perhaps even more important during this time of recommended social distancing. Connect with colleagues and boost your mood by creating a Social Group on the Virgin Pulse wellness platform. View the Virgin Pulse Guide to Social Groups and get started today!