Mission, Vision & Guiding Principles
Improve the lives of the children and families we serve by increasing healthy eating and active living behaviors.
Let’s Go! works to significantly decrease childhood obesity rates by increasing opportunities for healthy eating and active living where children and families live, learn, work and play.
Let’s Go! stays true to its vision and mission by following these six guiding principles:
- Reach communities through multiple settings where children and families live, learn, work, and play.
- Healthy eating and active living is for all children.
- Focus is on promoting healthy behaviors and developing the environments and policies to support them.
- Strategies are evidence-based or based on the best available evidence.
- Messages are positive and never stigmatize.
- Involvement with Let’s Go! is always voluntary.