Brighten the Holidays for Someone in Need
Each year thousands of Maine residents, including more than 1,000 children, experience a serious episode of mental illness and are treated at Spring Harbor Hospital, Maine's most visited psychiatric facility and home of the Glickman Family Center for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. Time spent hospitalized is stressful and isolating for patients and their families, especially during the holidays.
You can make a difference by becoming a Holiday Partner and donating a new, unopened, and unwrapped gift to ensure that each patient who is at Spring Harbor Hospital during the holiday season receives a meaningful gift to brighten their stay. The program also provides gifts to patients and families supported through Maine Behavioral Healthcare's community-based outpatient programs.
- Find our most needed items on our printable Wish List or on our Amazon Wish List.
- If you would like us to do the shopping, you may make an online donation here. Please select "Holiday Partners" from the designation pull down menu.
- One of the most requested items for the adolescent patients is a $10 gift card to retailers such as Target, iTunes, movie theatres, coffee shops and fast food restaurants.
- Other popular gifts include: art supplies, mindfulness coloring books (commonly referred to as adult coloring books), stuffed animals, journals without spiral binding, puzzles, board games, Word Search books, Silly Putty, hats, scarves, and mittens.
- Consider gifts for all ages. Spring Harbor Hospital’s patients are ages 4 and up.
All gifts must be new with tags and/or in original packaging. We can accept used videogames, DVDs (rated G, PG, or PG13), and CDs.
- Gifts should not be gift-wrapped.
- To protect the privacy of our patients we do not have opportunities for donors to personally distribute donations to patients and families.
- Homemade food items or unwrapped candy cannot be accepted.
Donations will be accepted between November 24 and December 15.
- Gifts may be dropped off at the front desk at Spring Harbor Hospital, 123 Andover Road in Westbrook from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- If you are bringing a large donation (35 items or more) please email or call Abigail Borcherds at 207-661-6046 in advance to make an appointment for your drop-off.
Thank you for your generous support!