Project Medical Education
Project Medical Education (PME) is a one day, invitational education program designed to enhance Maine community leaders' and policy makers' knowledge and understanding of the essential role and value of residency and medical student education. Throughout the day, a PME participant can expect to:
- Participate in a problem-based learning session that introduces you to the challenges of information mastery and the complexity of care.
- Practice your diagnostic skills at The Hannaford Center for Safety, Innovation and Simulation on a computerized patient simulator.
- Shadow a resident as he or she cares for patients and interacts with other health care team members.
- Attend a resident teaching conference to examine a patient case, discuss outcomes, and evaluate the thinking process.
- Meet Maine Medical Center Research Institute (MMCRI) faculty and world-class scientists, hear about the advanced biomedical problems they are working on, and learn how their research translates to improving care at the bedside.
To learn more about PME, please contact the Department of Medical Education by email or call us at (207) 662-7060.