- Chaplains of many faiths are available to speak to, or pray with patients who so desire.
- Chaplains are also available to administer special sacraments of faith.
- The Alexander B. Cairns Memorial Chapel, located on the first floor of the Maine General Building, is available at all hours for prayer and reflection. Devotional materials are available.
- Denominational and ecumenical services are held weekly and seasonally for patients, families, and employees. In addition, special services are held to commemorate special events.
- We recognize the importance of the relationship between spirituality and physical health and the role that pastoral and spiritual caregivers provide in this process.
The Department of Spiritual Care is committed to providing spiritual care grounded in our Mission Statement for all patients who request assistance. Interfaith chaplains and chaplains representing a variety of faith communities are available 24 hours a day to offer spiritual support. Local ministers, priests, and rabbis are encouraged to visit their congregants upon request of the patient.
Director & ACPE Certified Educator
The Rev. Heather L. Weidemann
Phone: (207) 662-2352
Fax: (207) 662-6212
Phone: (207) 662-2951
Spiritual Care Manager
Phone: (207) 662-3740
Phone: (207) 662-5279
Fr. Anthanasius Wirsiy
Fr. Amandus Sway
Phone: (207) 662-5361
Chaplain to Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital & The Family Birth Center
Cardiovascular Service Line Chaplain
Joan Carr Myers
Phone: (207) 662-6117