Your safe care is our primary goal. Maine Medical Center doctors, nurses and support staff want to partner with you to provide the most effective, and safest care.
Patients & Staff Working Together
- Speak Up: We urge you to take an active role in your care. Please speak up if something doesn’t seem right. If you don’t understand any part of your care; a medicine, test, or treatment please let us know so we can ensure your questions or concerns are answered.
- Identification: Please wear your ID band at all times. You can expect all healthcare team members to check for your name, date of birth, and medical record number before any treatment or test. All MMC team members should wear name badges and introduce themselves and their role in your care.
- Medications: Please carry a list of all the medicines you take, including vitamins, herbs and supplements. The clinical team should explain all medicines to you including the benefits, potential side effects and the reason for the medicine.
- Prevent the Spread of Germs: Please clean your hands after using the bathroom, before eating and whenever you enter or exit your room. All members of the healthcare team should clean their hands before touching you.
- Help Prevent Unsafe Situations: To prevent falls, keep your call bell and personal items within easy reach and ask for assistance to get out of bed. Report any situation that makes you worry or feel unsafe, such as equipment that’s not working or a slip hazard.