Junior Volunteer Scholarship Application
Friends of Maine Medical Center Junior Volunteer Endowment Scholarship Form
MMC Junior Volunteer Scholarship Application
While honoring the legacy of the Friends of Maine Medical Center, the purpose of the scholarship is to recognize the service and dedication of Junior Volunteers who have an interest in a clinical or administrative career in healthcare.
Criteria for Selection:
- Satisfactory participation in the Junior Volunteer Program, completing one summer and one school year or two full summers.
- Interest in pursuing a career in healthcare.
- Submission of the on-line scholarship application must be received by the application deadline.
- Submission of your High School Resume.
- One letter of recommendation, received by the deadline, from a person with first-hand knowledge regarding your personal traits and qualities.
- This could be a teacher, guidance counselor, coach, supervisor, employer, etc.
- The letter must include the name, address, telephone number and the title and/or relationship of the person writing the letter for the applicant.
- The letter can be e-mailed directly to email@example.com, by the specified application due date or mailed directly to:
Maine Medical Center
22 Bramhall Street
Portland, ME 04102-3175
The deadline for application is March 30, 2020 at 4:30 PM.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee of 5-7 members that include MMC managers who host summer junior volunteers and community volunteers including former members of the Friends of MMC Auxilliary.
- The committee will be chaired by a representative from Volunteer Services.
- Applicants receiving the scholarship will be notified in May, when the final decision is made.