Calendar of Events
MaineHealth Care at Home offers public and private community health clinics throughout Southern Maine. We provide footcare, fingernail care as well as blood pressure checks and general health education. Click here to view our upcoming Community Health & Wellness calendars.
Living Well with Chronic Pain
If you experience chronic pain (pain that persists or reoccurs for months or years) or experience a "yo-yo" effect with your pain or other symptoms which makes it difficult to accomplish the things you want to do and you want to take charge of your own health and learn strategies to improve symptoms than this class is for you. The group meets weekly for 6 weeks, each session is 2.5 hours long and the workshop is led by trained volunteers. Pre-registration is required, please click here for the flyer with more information.
Participants learn about techniques that can help them:
• Manage activity levels to reduce pain
• Deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep
• Maintain appropriate use of medications
• Evaluate treatment options
• Communicate effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
• Use action plans to create and achieve personal goals
Living Well with Chronic Pain is offered by the Center for Agewell Programs at the Southern Maine Agency on Aging (SMAA). Living Well with Chronic Pain is a Stanford CDSME Program provided in partnership to the Maine DHHS health initiative, Healthy Choices for ME!