Make a Donation
By supporting our organization, donors help to strengthen our mission and extend needed care throughout southern and mid-coast Maine. Donors may designate their contributions to our Charity Care Fund for either Home Health or Hospice or to one of our specific Funds. Gifts at every level are greatly appreciated by the patients we serve.
All gifts are tax-exempt to the full extent allowed by law and will be acknowledged by a letter from the Development Office. Unless a donor wishes to remain anonymous, all contributions are listed in our Annual Report. To learn more about donation opportunities, please contact the Development Office at 1-800-660-4867.
To make a donation today, please click here for our on-line form. Thank you!
Ways to Give
- Memorial and Honorarium Gifts: A donor has the option to make a donation in memory, or in honor, of a family member or loved one.
- Grateful Patients: A patient has the opportunity to provide testimony and make a donation in honor of their special caregivers.
- Legacy Gifts (bequests and planned gifts): If you are interested in making a bequest or a planned gift, please contact VP Development & Marketing at 1-800-660-4867.
- Home Health Charity Care: Donated funds will help offset the cost of home health care provided to pediatric and adult patients who lack resources or insurance to cover needed services.
- Hospice Charity Care: Donated funds will help offset the cost of hospice care provided to patients who lack resources or insurance to cover needed services.
- Madelyn Bergen Belliveau Education Fund: Madelyn Bergen Belliveau, RN, is recognized as a passionate community advocate and philanthropist for healthcare. The Fund was established to advance specialty certifications in the field of nursing.
- Elaine Brady Scholarship Fund: This Fund was established by Southern Maine Medical Center to honor Elaine Brady, RN, MHSA, who served leadership roles in home health and hospice care. The scholarship is granted to visiting clinicians in York County.
- Poulin Family Education Fund: This Fund was established in 1994 by Muriel Poulin, R.N., Ed.D., a champion of home health and hospice care. The fund is in recognition of Dr. Poulin’s commitment to higher education for registered nurses. Funding supports registered nurses who are pursuing an advanced nursing degree.
- L. Robert & Lillian Rolde Education Fund: This Fund was established in 1993 by Neil Rolde, a York County educator, author, and Public servant. The fund honors his parents and recognizes his interest in the education of health care workers by providing reimbursement to employees pursuing a degree applicable to their role.
- Susan Hirschberg Linet Fund: The Fund was created to honor the memory of Susan Hirschberg Linet, a pediatrician who endured a long and courageous battle with multiple sclerosis. Dr. Linet's family established the Fund to support patients and their families challenged with serious illness. To learn more visit https://www.facebook.com/shlfund.
- Undesignated: Donated funds will be distributed at the discretion of the Development Department, prioritizing need areas.