Mount Washington Valley Adult Day Center
The MWV Adult Day Center is closed effective Mar. 17. The closure was made after New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu signed an executive order Friday declaring a state of emergency due to COVID-19. After April 6, the Center, which provides adult day health services for those with memory loss, will reevaluate its operations and determine when it will reopen.
Weekly Caregiver Support Groups, which take place on Tuesdays from 1:30-3pm, will continue via a free conference call service by dialing 855-662-9299, and using access code 2637338. Ruka also emphasized that anyone needing individual support by phone is welcome to call them at 603-356-4980, understanding that these are challenging times, especially for caregivers.
Updates will be posted here and on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MWVAdultDay/
A State-of-the-Art Adult Day Facility
The Mount Washington Valley Adult Day Center is a 14,000 square foot facility that provides senior care services in a comfortable, home-like setting. Thoughtfully designed with our guests in mind, this beautiful new facility features:
- Expansive views of the Moat Mountains
- A spacious common room for group activities and socialization
- Quiet rooms for guests who prefer a less stimulating environment
- A full kitchen and dining room for meals and snacks
- Exercise space
- Private space for health examinations and assessments
- A spa offering hair salon and massage services
- A library/reading room, year-round porch and solarium
- Art room
- An enclosed garden for safe, outdoor activities
- Community education resource area and conference room
What is an adult day center?
Adult day programs are an essential source of support for caregivers and their loved ones—providing reliable respite care, therapeutic/health services, fun activities and positive social interaction for:
- Senior adults
- Adults living with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease
- Seniors living with chronic health conditions
Services are offered weekdays between 7:30 am and 5 pm, allowing caregivers to work or rest with the peace of mind of knowing their loved one is having a great day.
What services are offered?
Senior care services at the Mount Washington Valley Adult Day Center include:
- Therapeutic and recreational activities
- Transportation within our service area
- A hot lunch plus morning and afternoon snacks
- Standardized screenings for depression and cognitive impairment
- Personalized therapeutic programs
- Assistance with grooming, bathing, toileting, and eating
- Nursing services (medication administration and assessments)
- Evaluations for speech, swallowing, ambulation safety
- Social services including counseling and referrals
- Geriatric health care navigation
- Participant and caregiver support and education
What will a day at the center be like for my loved one?
The goal of our program is to help guests feel cozy, safe, connected and engaged. We focus on personalized care—helping each guest do the things they enjoy, engaging them in meaningful activities and building quality of life together. Activities vary by day and may include:
- A visit to our in-house salon for pampering and grooming
- Lawn games in the garden
- Lunch or coffee with friends in the Valley Cafe
- Art, music or dance classes
- Friendly conversation in the common room
- Mental exercise (fun activities that stimulate the brain)
- A cup of tea and a snack on the porch
- Inter-generational activities including time with children and pets
- Health screenings
- Gentle physical exercise or targeted therapy
- Planting or gardening in the solarium, our secure outdoor space
- Knitting, crocheting or simple woodworking with friends
- Reminiscing about old times and shared memories or the past
Our compassionate, specially-trained staff works with each guest on an individual basis to make sure their unique needs are met each day. You can rest assured knowing that you made the right decision for you and your family.
Guests can partake of additional services for grooming, spa and hair stylist services, plus transportation options.
** Please be aware that Google Maps and/or your GPS may give inaccurate directions when you use our street address. Please follow the directions below. The Journey Church is directly in front of us and can be used as a landmark.***
If you are coming from the North:
Take North/South Road. At the light at WalMart (Kennett High School entrance directly across the intersection) turn left. Follow this to the next set of lights (go past Crest Auto World, and Conway Police Dept.) and turn right. Then take your immediate left into the entrance to the MWV Adult Day Center. The sign is at the entrance.
If you are coming from the south/Conway village:
Go straight through the lights (Rtes. 153 & 16) in Conway Village heading towards Fryeburg. The entrance to the Day Center will be on your right, right next to The Journey Church.
If you are coming from Fryeburg area:
Go straight through the light at Rte. 302 and Eastman Road (that takes you to Conway). The entrance to the Day Center will be on your left right after you go through the light.
Get the Latest Updates
Sign up to receive updates about the facility!
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn about our rates, weather policy and more.