Healthy Community Coalition announces its upcoming schedule of free mobile health unit events. A variety of education and free health screenings will be offered at each stop including blood pressure and cholesterol checks, colon cancer screening kits (FIT screening), and body composition analysis.
The schedule is as follows:
- August 8: noon-3 p.m. at Fotter’s Market in Eustis where James Smith, DO, will be offering acute health care for under- and uninsured individuals
- August 9: 9 a.m.-noon at Food City in Livermore Falls; and 2-5 p.m. at Walmart in Farmington
- August 14: noon-3 p.m. at IGA in Rangeley
- August 15: 1-4 p.m. at Tranten’s Market in Kingfield where Deborah Burchfield, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, will be offering acute health care for under- and uninsured individuals
- August 18: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Town Office in New Sharon, offering pop-up store tours with give-aways including $10 Hannaford gift cards, fresh produce, healthy recipes, and more!
Staff will also be available to offer assistance with mammography and annual physical exam scheduling, as well as assistance with financial programs to help cover these costs. Other assistance offered includes free tobacco recovery support, cancer prevention, nutrition and physical activity resources, activities for youth, and Affordable Care Act enrollment assistance.
All services are provided free thanks to funding from the Doree Taylor Foundation, John T. Gorman Foundation, United Way of the Tri Valley Area, and Ladd Charitable Corporation.
For more information please contact Janis Walker at 779-2750 or email@example.com.