Pen Bay Surgery and Wound Healing Center first in Maine to earn Vein Center accreditation by IACRead More
- The ability to save as much normal skin as possible
- The highest possibility for curing the cancer
- In contrast, standard surgery techniques look at <1% of the sample tissue margins, providing only an estimate of whether the margins are clear
- Mohs sample are examined the same day
- With standard surgery, the samples are not examined the same day. This can lead to having surgery at a later time after finding a positive margin in an outside pathology lab
Dr. Hoekstra is accepting new patients at Pen Bay Dermatology & Mohs Surgery, Monday – Thursday.