Substance abuse and addiction symptoms include:
- Blackouts or memory loss
- Mood swings
- Frequent fights with family members or other loved ones
- Continual use of the substance to deal with problems, relax or feel better
- Nausea, vomiting
- Lack of energy and motivation
- Spending money excessively
- Behavior changes
- Neglecting appearance
- Continuing to use the substance despite negative effects health, social, family, work, or financial effects.
Treatment is a journey
MaineHealth offers treatment services for adults, children and families. The providers at MaineHealth understand that treatment is a journey. The work with clients wherever they are in their journey to recovery. Treatments and protocols are client-focused and are shown by research to be the most effective. Examples of treatments include:
Therapy and counseling (individual, group and family)
Support systems can help patients recover from substance abuse and drug addiction. Talk to your primary care provider about connecting with services in your community.