The Southern Maine Health Care Sports Performance Center (SPC) is excited to offer our annual free Summer High School Outdoor Performance Training Program in July/August of 2020. We understand that the last several months have been difficult for our community and hope to provide a positive outlet for local youth.
Summer Fun and Exercise for Student Athletes
Designed by professionals with advanced degrees in exercise, this program has been a summer staple for several high school athletic programs for the past six years. Our highly-skilled clinicians guide student athletes with instruction on injury prevention, preparation for the upcoming athletic season, and more.
Safely Back on Track
This year’s program is especially focused on injury prevention and the safe resumption of athletics after an extended break. Program participants will be grouped and located with others from their school as much as possible. The following safety protocols will be in place:
- Outdoor environment and social distancing
- Daily symptom screening for all participants
- Mandatory masking for all coaches
- Mandatory masking for athletes upon arrival and dismissal
- More locations and smaller groups
- One coach per nine athletes (with a maximum of 50 people per location)
- Athletes will be asked to bring their own labeled water bottle
- No bathroom use on site
- Separate pick-up/drop-off locations from main entrance of venue
The SPC is taking all necessary precautions recommended by our medical leadership and current CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of program participants. We look forward to working with current and future members of the SPC family as we strive to support student athletes in our community to maximize power and optimize performance.