Strategic Goals and Objectives
Coastal Healthcare Alliance (CHA) will promote a unified and collaborative culture across the organization and will invest and focus on engagement of all employees throughout our system.
- Participate in the development of, adopt and implement the new MaineHealth System-wide values
- Perform a cultural assessment across the organization
- Develop a plan to mitigate the current and pending workforce shortages including strategies to retain engaged employees
- Achieve Days-to-Hire and vacancy rate results that are equal to or better than the MaineHealth system and Advisory Board Benchmarks
- Identify and implement strategies to increase all colleague satisfaction and engagement so as to retain current providers and to enhance recruitment efforts for primary care and specialist physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
- Achieve and maintain top 25th percentile in employee and provider engagement
Coastal Healthcare Alliance will identify and deploy key strategies that allow us to achieve and maintain a sustainable operating margin.
- Achieve the MaineHealth target operating budgets
- Successfully complete 10 additional collaboration activities across PBMC and WCGH that achieve significant operational efficiencies and/or new volume to generate cost savings and revenue enhancements of at least $20,000 each collaboration activity
- Create and implement plans based upon benchmarking, PBMC/WCGH collaboration, and Service Delivery Transformation to aid in achieving operating margin goals
Coastal Healthcare Alliance will implement successfully the selected Community Health Needs Assessment initiatives related to Cardiovascular Health and Cancer Prevention Screening.
- We will decrease the burden of disease and disability and create a culturally competent, health-nurturing environment free from stigma and bias. Our efforts will address the physical, mental, behavioral and socioeconomic determinants of health and well-being, and promote involvement, engagement and autonomy so each individual can achieve the highest quality of life. Success depends on collaboration with diverse community partners, active involvement of our academic and scientific enterprises, and reduced barriers to healthy choices
Meet or exceed the MH System measure targets in the following Quality and Patient Experience Metrics:
- Colorectal Cancer Screen
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c < 9%) Test for Diabetes
- Pediatric Body Mass Index (BMI) Plus 5210 (PBMC Only)
- Provider Communication (Outpatient CG CAHPS survey)
- HCAHPS: Would Recommend (Hospital)
- Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI)
- Create and implement action plans to meet or exceed the MH System measure targets in select Quality and Patient Experience Metrics
Coastal Healthcare Alliance will optimize the alignment of its services and resources with the evolving needs of the community.
- Successfully implement SeHR go-live as measured by both KPIs and provider and staff satisfaction at PBMC to facilitate regional and system level collaboration and integration
- Develop and implement practice redesign strategies so as to expand primary care clinic hours and otherwise increase patient access, as measured by appointment access benchmarks in each community
- Achieve MH targets for primary care provider engagement
- Recruit and on-board two additional primary care providers and their support teams
- Occupy new primary care offices in Belfast and pending Board approval, begin construction of new medical office building in Rockport
- Complete a portfolio analysis so as to define short and long-term programmatic and recruitment priorities. Develop plans based on these results
- Successfully complete and transition practices into the new medical office building in Rockport
- Achieve MH targets for primary care engagement
- Create a collaborative plan with LincolnHealth for primary care in Waldoboro
View data on our seven priorities and progress on MaineHealth targets.