Commitment to Quality and Patient Safety
We are committed to transparency and the opportunity for patients and their families to make informed decisions about their healthcare.
Partnering With You for Patient Safety
Your safety is our number one focus. We know that our commitment to patient safety will also result in the highest quality of care for our community. By taking part in your own care, you can help the members of your healthcare team keep you safe by:
- Understanding you will be asked regularly during your stay to verify your name and date of birth. This verification is critical to ensuring patient safety.
- Letting all of your healthcare team know what medications you have been taking, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, herbal and vitamin supplements, natural remedies and recreational drugs.
- Letting all of your healthcare team know of any allergies you may have to any medications, anesthesia, foods, latex products, etc.
- Making sure your healthcare team checks your hospital identification bracelet before they give you any medications.
- Many people may enter your room, from doctors and nurses to aides. If you are unsure of who they are ask them to identify themselves. All hospital employees wear identification badges.
If you have questions about your care, or would like to provide us with a suggestion or observation about your experience, we welcome your comments. Please contact our Quality and Patient Safety Department at 207-744-6134.