Dr. Dora Anne Mills, who oversaw the state of Maine’s public health initiatives for 15 years, will lead efforts to create healthier communities for 1.1 million people across Maine and New Hampshire.Read More
MaineHealth – along with its member hospitals – has embarked on one of the most profound initiatives we have undertaken as a system: the creation of a common set of values. This collaborative process engaged thousands of team members and leaders from across our health system to determine our core shared values and shape our collective culture. All of our member organizations, including Stephens Memorial Hospital, share these six values: Patient-Centered, Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Ownership, and Innovation.
We focus on each individual's unique needs, and partner with the people we care for, their families and care teams to develop a shared plan.
- Act with compassion and kindness.
- Listen actively and validate concerns; focus on the individual’s needs.
- Communicate effectively with patients, clients and families.
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy; acknowledge cultural differences.
- Be empowered to advocate and speak up for patient and client safety.
- Partner with the people we care for, their families and care teams to develop a shared plan.
We embrace diversity and recognize the value of each person.
- Recognize all the people we care for, their family, visitors and co-workers as valued members of the healthcare team.
- Listen actively and respond thoughtfully.
- Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- Embrace diversity, acknowledging each person’s uniqueness.
- Be empathetic, compassionate and kind.
- Foster a professional and healing atmosphere.
We are honest, transparent and ethical, and maintain a culture of trust and accountability.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times, regardless of the behavior of others.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy of all.
- Develop and maintain a culture of trust and accountability.
- Act with honesty and transparency at all levels of the organization.
- Model behavior that is consistently honest and ethical.
- Acknowledge mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow.
We set high standards and always strive to exceed expectations.
- Consistently seek improvements in processes and performance.
- Set high standards.
- Strive to exceed expectations with every interaction.
- Lead by example.
- Work collaboratively as a team.
- Pursue opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
We take responsibility for our actions, follow through on our commitments, and approach challenges with optimism.
- Follow up and follow through.
- Look beyond our individual roles to do what is necessary to get the job done successfully.
- Take responsibility for our actions and our collective outcomes.
- Approach challenges with optimism.
- Represent our organization in a positive light.
- Promote an accountable, fair and supportive environment.
We welcome diverse perspectives, embrace change, and are committed to lifelong learning.
- Welcome change with a positive attitude.
- Inspire others and foster creativity.
- Be courageous.
- Encourage diverse perspectives.
- Invest in people, technology and research.
- Commit to lifelong learning and educating.