Women's Health and Obstetrics (OB/GYN)
Let's talk about it
Fertility. Birth options. Sexuality. Health risks. Emotional health. Hormone replacement therapy, or not. Sexually Transmitted Infections. Birth control. If it has to do with you and your body, we’re here to talk about it. At all stages of your life.
The hospital consists of a team of experienced, caring and supportive registered nurses including: nurses nationally certified in the OB/GYN specialty; board certified lactation consultants; certified child passenger safety technicians; childbirth educators and a certified hypnobirthing practitioner.
- Pre-conceptional counseling
- Infertility/family planning
- Pregnancy testing, options and counseling
- Miscarriage support & counseling
- Accredited Ultrasonography on site
- Collaborative Care for high-risk pregnancies
- Integrated behavioral health specialist, specific to Women’s Health
Birth options and services provided:
- Private labor & delivery suites with tubs
- Family-centered birth & C-section experiences; skin-to-skin encouraged the first hour post-delivery
- Hydrotherapy & water birth
- Anesthesia services
- Regularly scheduled breastfeeding, birthing, sibling classes & support groups
- Postpartum clinics & well baby visit, within 48 hours of discharge
- All state mandated newborn screenings (hearing, cardiac & newborn blood spot)
- Safe & secure environment for you & your baby
- Breastfeeding support & breast pump rental program
- Car seat checks & rental program
From routine annual check-ups to the most advanced specialty care, our OBGYN providers are highly specialized in the diagnosis, care and treatments of women’s health issues, from pre-adolescence into the mature years.
- Women’s health and wellness—doctors & certified nurse midwives available
- Pelvic exams
- Cervical cancer screening
- Breast health, education & support
- Gynecologic surgery
- Menopause management and support both traditional, i.e. hormones & non-traditional, i.e. herbal supplement information
- Pelvic floor support both surgical & non-surgical
- Accredited gynecologic ultrasonography on-site
We offer confidential, one-on-one services and education to inform and promote positive sexual health. We offer same-day appointments with access to a lab, ultrasound and imaging, if needed.
- Family planning
- Contraception management
- Adolescent care
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) testing
- Same day appointments available
- Always confidential and private
Jennifer McKenna, MD joined Pen Bay Women’s Health in 2010. She is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and received her medical degree from Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles and trained at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, TX.
Richard Mellon, MD joined Pen Bay Women’s Health in 2011. He is board-certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He received his medical degree from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, NJ, where he also trained.
Thomas O’Connor, III, MD joined Pen Bay Women’s Health in 1991. He is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He received his medical degree from Tufts University and trained at York Hospital in York, PA.
Nancy Alexander, CNM, MS, RN received her Bachelors degree in Education from Bowie State University, her Associates degree of Nursing at Anne Arundel Community College and her Masters of Midwifery degree from the Midwifery Institute of Philadelphia University in 2013.
Lynn Frey, APRN, CNM graduated from Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing in 1995, obtained Masters of Science in Nursing from Case Western Reserve University in 1996. I began practicing as a CNM at Pen Bay Women’s Health in 1996. Outside activities: musician, baker, enjoying outdoors in Midcoast Maine.
Eve K. Hadley, CNM, WHNP joined Pen Bay Women’s Health in 2014. She completed her Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art at Wesleyan University in 2003 and received a Master’s Degree in Midwifery and Women’s Health at the University of Pennsylvania in 2012.
Erin L. Monberg, CNM, received her bachelors degree in Philosophy from St. John’s College in Annapolis, MD and a Master of Science degree in Nursing from Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
Wendelanne Augunas, LCPC, is a licensed clinical professional counselor with specialty training in family therapy. She provides support and information to women and their families on a wide variety of issues, including adjustment from pregnancy to parenthood.