Your Dollars at Work
At The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital, we are continually touched by the unmatched generosity of our community and its passion for quality health care for the children of Maine and northern New England.
Below is partial list of some of the programs, services, and equipment that recently has been made possible thanks to funds donated to The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital and the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals by individuals, businesses and organizations, as well as community events.
- Neonatal/Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Transport Ambulances (aka “Angel 1” and “Angel 2”)
- Therapeutic Bears provide comfort to our young patients whether they are preparing for outpatient surgery, recovering from an injury or are hospitalized with an illness
- Craft supplies and other stress relieving activities for the hospital playrooms
- Clinics for children in need of specialized care for cancer, Spina Bifida, and other diseases
- PICU i-STAT Machines
- Capnograph CO2 Monitors
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Incubators and Bassinets
- Special car safety seats for infants from the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Patient and family-centered care initiatives to encourage families' participation in their children's healthcare
- Preventative safety equipment – ski and bike helmets, safe sleep cribs, safe sleep “sleep sacks,” and a distracted driving simulator used for community education
- Access to educational resources and international best practices in the areas of Neonatal Intensive Care, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and Pediatric Surgery
- KidsHealth educational resources for our patients and their families
- Physical and occupational therapy programs and equipment