How the Test is Performed
You will be given the test to do at home. Be sure to follow the instructions. Most of the tests contain the following information outlined below. You also should talk to your provider if you have questions or concerns.
- Check that you have all parts of your sample kit, and that the kit has not expired.
- Write your full name, date of birth, collection date and time on sample bottle and on the form.
- Collect your stool sample by following the instructions that come with your kit.
- Double check that the sample bottle label and form are filled out, and place the bag containing your sample in the prepaid return envelope.
- Mail the sample to your lab or bring it to your provider’s office within 3 days of taking your sample.
How the Test Will Feel
Some people may be squeamish about collecting the sample. But you will not feel anything during the test. The test is safe.