How the Test is Performed
You will be given the test to use at home. Be sure to follow the instructions provided. Most tests have the following steps:
- Flush the toilet before having a bowel movement.
- Put the used toilet paper in the waste bag provided. DO NOT put it into the toilet bowl.
- Use the brush from the kit to brush the surface of the stool and then dip the brush into the toilet water.
- Touch the brush on the space indicated on the test card.
- Add the brush to the waste bag and throw it away.
- Send the sample to the lab for testing.
- Your doctor may ask you to test more than one stool sample before sending it in.
How the Test Will Feel
Some people may be squeamish about collecting the sample. But you will not feel anything during the test. The test is safe.