Lymphoma Testing Types
If your provider thinks you may have lymphoma, you will be asked about symptoms and also have a physical exam. Your provider will check your lymph nodes to see if they feel swollen. In addition, your provider may order a series of tests to diagnose lymphoma -- or to further evaluate lymphoma, after a diagnosis.
- Blood Tests: Checks for abnormalities of cells in your blood.
- Bone Marrow Biopsy: Samples the bone marrow for cancer cells.
- Imaging tests: X-ray, CAT scan, MRI.
- Lymph Node Biopsy: Samples lymph node tissue for cancer cells.
- Molecular Test: Helps determine type of lymphoma.
- PET: Special type of scan evaluates for cancer.