Opioid Use Treatment & Resources
As a clinician, you strive to provide the best evidence-based, patient-centered care to your patients. MaineHealth wants to provide you with up-to-date information about current Maine prescribing laws and MaineHealth guidelines, as well as tools to help you address chronic pain, safe opioid prescribing, diagnosis and treatment of opioid use disorder. The information on this page is here to offer you resources and support.
NEW: Earn CEU Credits
MaineHealth is pleased to offer two new provider education modules. Upon completion, 0.50 CME hours are available for each training (AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits). Click "View Module" to skip the CME credit process.
Module 1: Naloxone - Reducing Risk and Saving Lives
- Recognize who is at highest risk of overdose
- Describe the signs and symptoms of opioid overdose
- Compare and contrast use of various naloxone formulations
- Review how to talk to patients about their overdose risk and offer naloxone
- Detail the tools in Epic that relate to naloxone prescribing
Module 2: Difficult Conversations with Your Patient
- Express concerns that they may have an opioid use disorder
- Discuss tapering their chronic opioid pain regimen
- Address unexpected urine drug screen results
- Discuss the safety of MAT and alleviating any fears
- Address concerns around opioid use during pregnancy, including DHHS reporting