The Education and Training Program is MaineHealth’s source for providers who partner with patients and help them be actively involved in their health. Using patient education resources, health coaching, classes, multimedia, and training, the Education and Training Program customizes a variety of educational opportunities to assist your staff in achieving patient centered goals.
What can we do for you?
How we can help you engage your patients.
- Health Literacy (Plain Language): Improve patient education materials so patient can understand what they need to do to stay healthy.
- Focus Group Facilitation: Discover if your services are meeting the needs of your patients with our trained focus group moderators.
- Wellness & Health Coach Training: Learn how to use coaching tools and techniques to help motivate and support your patients who are trying to make healthy changes for life.
- Staff Education: Build your staff's competencies around patient-centered communication with our customizable training's.
- Patient Education: Connect with us for reliable and relevant health information to meet your patients' needs.
The MaineHealth Education and Training Program helps patients, community members and health professionals find health information and support. Our professional health educators are here to help you find and use reliable and credible information through our website, online library, staff training's and community health classes. Connect with us to learn how we can help you engage, educate and connect with your patients and community members for better health.
Our professional staff helps you find and use reliable and credible information. Connect with us to learn how we can help you engage, educate and connect with your patients and community members for better health.
Jessica Begley: Program Manager MPH
Mary Bitterauf: Program Manager BS, CHES, CHWC
Kayla Blais: Health Educator MPH
Bonnie Carleton: Health Educator BS, CHES
Lynn Connolly: Program Coordinator
Ellie Foster: Health Educator MPH, CHWC
Jean Gould: Program Manager BS
Jenny Marcoux: Health Educator BS
Ward Peck: Administrative Coordinator
Tina Pettingill: Director MPH
Our Learning Resource Center locations
MMC Scarborough Campus
100 Campus Drive, Suite 122, West Entrance
Scarborough, ME 04074
The Scarborough Learning Resource Center is located at 100 Campus Drive on the Maine Medical Center Cancer Institute Scarborough campus. This center has information on a wide variety of health topics but specializes in providing information to patients and families who are dealing with cancer.
MMC Falmouth Campus
5 Bucknam Road
Falmouth, ME 04105
The Falmouth Learning Resource Center is located on the first floor of the Maine Medical Center Falmouth campus. In addition to our credible health library, we also have a teaching kitchen where we offer a variety of healthy cooking classes.