The Education and Training department is MaineHealth’s source for providers who partner with patients and help them be actively involved in their health. Using patient education resources, health coaching, classes, multimedia, and training, the Education and Training department customizes a variety of educational opportunities to assist your staff in achieving patient centered goals.
What can we do for you?
How we can help you engage your patients.
- Health literacy review (plain language): Improve patient education materials so patient can understand what they need to do to stay healthy.
- Focus group facilitation: Discover if your services are meeting the needs of your patients with our trained focus group moderators.
- Staff education: Build your staff's competencies around patient-centered communication.
- Patient education: Connect with us for reliable and relevant health information to meet your patients' needs.
- Podcasts: We can help you record podcasts.
- Wellness & Health Coach Training: Learn how to use coaching tools and techniques to help motivate and support your patients who are trying to make healthy changes for life.
The MaineHealth Education and Training department helps patients, community members, and health professionals find credible health information. Our professional health educators are here to help people find and use reliable & credible health information through our lending libraries, website, online library, staff trainings, and healthy lifestyle classes. Connect with us to learn how we can help you engage, educate and connect with your patients and community members for better health.
Our professional staff helps you find and use reliable and credible information. Connect with us to learn how we can help you engage, educate and connect with your patients and community members for better health.
Jessica Begley: Program Manager, MPH
Mary Bitterauf: Program Manager, BS, CHES, CHWC
Kayla Blais: Associate Program Manager, MPH
Bonnie Carleton: Health Educator, BS, CHES
Lynn Connolly: Program Management Specialist
Ellie Foster: Program Manager, MPH, CHWC
Jean Gould: Senrior Program Manager, BS
Jenny Marcoux: Health Educator, BS
Julie Westerhouse: Administrative Specialist II
Tina Pettingill: Director, MPH
Our Learning Resource Center locations
100 Campus Drive, Suite 122, West Entrance
Scarborough, ME 04074
The Scarborough Learning Resource Center is located at 100 Campus Drive on the Maine Medical Center Cancer Institute Scarborough campus. This center has information on a wide variety of health topics but specializes in providing information to patients and families who are dealing with cancer.
5 Bucknam Road, Suite 1A
Falmouth, ME 04105
The Falmouth Learning Resource Center is located on the first floor of the Maine Medical Center Falmouth campus. In addition to our lending library, we also have a teaching kitchen where we offer a variety of healthy cooking classes.