Healthy Hospital Food: What We Focus On
MaineHealth food service departments are maintaining or implementing the following three commitment areas:
- Create healthier checkouts: Offer only health-promoting food options within five feet of all cafeteria cash register stations.
- Ensure healthy marketing: Display only health-promoting food or meal options that meet the MyPlate standards in advertising/pictorials in cafeteria and on patient menu.
- Implement calorie labeling: Ensure all items available in cafeteria are labeled with calories per serving at point of purchase/service.
Our Menu for ChangeIn 2016, MaineHealth Food Service Directors and their teams celebrated the completion of the national Partnership for a Healthier America’s Hospital Healthy Food Initiative. The goal of this initiative was to create healthier cafeteria environments and more nutritious patient meals. Watch this video to see highlights of their successes and outcomes!
- Let’s Go! 5-2-1-0
- Health Care Without Harm
- Maine Hospital Association
- MaineHealth Works on Wellness Employee Health Program
For more information about healthy hospital food, email us.