The clinical experience is a combination of multiple sites offering our fellows a broad range of experiences prior to completion of the year.
The following rotations/experiences occur at Maine Medical Center:
- Inpatient palliative medicine consult service
- Inpatient pediatric palliative medicine
- Outpatient palliative medicine consultations
- Clinical Ethics
The following experiences occur at Hospice of Southern Maine:
- Inpatient Hospice Service
- Home Visits
The following experiences occur at the Veteran’s Administration Hospital – Augusta
- Inpatient and Ambulatory Clinic (2 Blocks)
- Palliative Care Hospice Unit/Ambulatory Clinic (2 Blocks)
- Palliative Care Hospice and Long Term Care Unit
- Home Hospice Care/Ambulatory Clinic
All fellows have a one month elective experience that can be spent at any of our participating sites or can be arranged to be done at an alternative site of the fellow’s choice. Fellows have done a variety of experiences including rotating with anesthesia pain, wound care specialists, complementary medicine specialists, radiation oncology, etc.