Apply & Contact
Instructions for Applicants
MMC participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). This process selects all PGY-1 residents in the institution. The general surgery residency program has four categorical positions, one designated preliminary position for urology and one designated preliminary position for interventional radiology, both at the PGY-1 level.
For the 2018-2019 interview season (PGY-1 beginning July 2018) applications will be accepted ONLY through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
In addition to the ERAS application we require the following:
- Transcript of your medical school grades
- Dean’s letter
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- USMLE scores
The deadline for receipt of applications is November 1, 2017. We will not review any applications received after this date.
The Residency leadership reviews each applicant’s preliminary file and the applicant is placed in one of the following statuses:
- Invited for an interview
- Wait listed for an interview
- Not invited for an interview
Applicants will be notified of their status via ERAS.
- Ten (10) interview dates
- From mid November through mid January
- Two days per week
- Thursdays 8am-2pm (includes attendance at surgery didactics)
- Fridays 9am-1pm
- No interviews are scheduled between December 18th and January 2nd
- Our residents host a dinner the evening before the interview day where applicants and residents can meet away from the hospital
- We will continue to offer interviews until our dates are filled
- We will not offer more interviews than we have available interview slots
- With the caveat that invited applicants have two (2) weeks to respond to offer of an interview
Wait List Details:
- Once all interview dates are filled, we will offer a small number of applicants a place on the wait list for when there are inevitable cancellations
- Applicants who receive an interview from the wait list are at no disadvantage to anyone else interviewing with the program
- For those on the wait list, we will communicate interview openings throughout the interview season (sometimes on quite short notice)
Please feel free to contact the Residency Program Manager at any time through the application process.
Surgical Residency Program Manager