The Maine Medical Center Research Institute (MMCRI) provides the organizational framework for both laboratory-based and clinical research in urology. The MMCRI is housed in a free-standing research facility in Scarborough, Maine and is part of a 50-acre academic medical campus that includes the Maine Medical Center Cancer Institute and the Ambulatory Surgery Center. Clinical outcome and health services research in urology are coordinated through the Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE).
- Prostate cancer Fibrostromal interactions
- Novel Prostate cancer Imaging Modalities
- Prostate cancer clinical outcomes data registry
- Prostate cancer risk prediction of quality of life outcomes
- Prostate, bladder, kidney tissue banking
- Robotic prostatectomy and cystectomy outcomes research
- Decision-making, uncertainty, decisional conflict, and regret in urologic cancer patients.
- Bladder cancer clinical outcomes data registry
- Metabolic stone disease
- The role of the Internet and social media in urology