In order to be considered for our CNA course, you must attend an Information Session. The session provides an overview of the program, application requirements and employment opportunities. For those interested in nursing as a profession, information is shared regarding support resources for moving onto RN practice. Our next available class will begin in April 2019. The information session for this class will take place on Thursday, March 28 in the Dana Center Auditorium. Sign in begins at 5:45 pm and the presentation will begin at 6 pm. Bring to the Information Session a completed application and all required paperwork listed below.
To apply, you will be required to take the TABE reading test and will need to score between 11 - 12.9. We will administer the TABE test at the Information Session. When you attend the information session, you must bring a completed application packet with you. A completed application packet consists of:
- Completed Application Form
- Two copies of a picture ID with signature (driver's license or State ID card)
- One copy of proof of High School Graduation or equivalency
- Two copies of your Social Security Card
- A signed SBI (State Bureau of Investigation) form (page 6 of Application)
- Two professional written references in sealed envelopes. The references have to be from people in a leadership capacity (for example, current and past supervisors). If you have not been employed for the last few years, another source of reference such as teacher, volunteer group leader, or clergy is acceptable.
Following the Information Session, applications will be reviewed and selected applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.