A patient navigator is an oncology nurse or social worker who specializes in working with patients diagnosed with cancer. The patient navigator is here to make sure you and your family have all the information you need to make the most informed and timely decision about your treatment plan.
At MMC, we also have a patient navigator who helps patients find and access community resources and is an American Cancer Society (ACS) patient navigator trained in a special ACS program. The patient navigator helps patients with non-clinical issues including language and cultural barriers; transportation; lack of financial resources; insurance difficulties; and access to support groups, home health, respite care, or hospice. For more information or to make a referral to the ACS patient navigator at MMC, call (207) 396-8335.
- Ease your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
- Explain the different treatment options for your cancer based on nationally and locally endorsed treatment guidelines.
- Discuss any clinical trials which may be available to you.
- Schedule consultations for you and your family with appropriate specialists as needed.
- Provide information and literature relative to your specific diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up care.
This service is offered at no cost to you and your family.
The Patient Navigator is accessible by telephone or one-on-one consultation. Please call 1-844-504-9680 for more information.
Cancer Institute Patient Navigators:
- Leslie Foreman, BSN, RN, OCN, Lower Gastrointestinal Patient Navigator, 207-396-8055
- Sarah Vreeland, MS, RN, CNRN, Neuro Oncology Patient Navigator, 207-662-1112
- Tracy Robbins, MS, RN, OCN, CCRP, Genitourinary Patient Navigator, 207-396-8439
- Cynthia Stevens, BSN, RN, OCN, Gynecologic Patient Navigator, 207-396-8767
- Gina Z. Blaszyk, BSN, RN, OCN, CHPN, Surgical Oncology/Upper Gastrointestinal Patient Navigator, 207-662-1951
- Theresa Roelke, MSN, RN, AGNP-C, Lung Screening Patient Navigator, 207-396-7788
- Amy Boyington, MSN, RN, OCN, Breast Patient Navigator, 207-396-7891
- Jennifer Geistert, BSN, RN, Breast Patient Navigator, 207-396-7344
- Tina Manley, BSN, RN, Thoracic Patient Navigator, 207-396-8430
- Snow Tardif, RN, Thoracic Patient Navigator, 207-396-8430
- Stephanie Hood, BSN, RN, Survivorship Patient Navigator, Adolescent & Young Adult, 207-396-7311
- Jennifer O'Neill, MSN, BSN, ACCNS-AG, Neuroscience Patient Navigator, 207-662-2069
We know that patients treated in a caring and supportive environment respond more successfully to treatment. This is why the Cancer Institute offers comprehensive services to help patients and their families deal with the impact of cancer.Learn More
Life Beyond Cancer
There are physical, emotional, and practical concerns associated with a cancer diagnosis and its treatment. These issues and concerns can develop while receiving active treatment, immediately following treatment, or years later.Learn More