- Specialized rehabilitative services for patients with neurological injuries and disorders.
- Early rehabilitation intervention during the acute phase of hospitalization optimizes long-term outcomes.
- The close partnership between MMC and NERHP - the state's only acute freestanding rehabilitation hospital - ensures a seamless continuity of care.
- Highly trained therapists with specialized neuro expertise provide care based on the most up-to-date clinical knowledge.
- Investment in proven technological innovations means patients have access to the latest diagnostic and therapeutic advances, both at the hospital and when referred to MMC's rehabilitation partner, NERHP.
- The Neuroscience Institute's collaborative environment extends to the patient's referring physician, who is considered an integral part of the care team.
- Consistently outstanding outcomes that surpass regional and national standards.
- The services of a specialized Neurosciences Patient and Family Liaison are available to provide expert, personalized and compassionate support to patients and their families throughout the continuum of care, in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
MMC's multidisciplinary team of physiatrists, physical and occupational therapists and speech language pathologists provides rehabilitative care for the range of neurological conditions requiring inpatient hospitalization including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Traumatic spine injury
- Brain tumor
- Movement disorders including Parkinson's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Other neurological deficits
MMC has developed a high-quality, in-house spinal bracing program for patients with spine-related injury or illness who require stabilization. Patients can be fitted with off the shelf spinal braces by on-site, certified therapists which aides is speeding up the rehabilitation and recovery process.