- Lumbar Fusion After Surgery Goals
- After My Lumbar Spine Surgery – Information for Caregivers
- Cervical Surgery Discharge Instructions
- Cervical Surgery Return to Work and Activity Guidelines
- Lumbar Laminectomy/Discectomy Discharge Instructions
- Lumbar Laminectomy/Discectomy Return to Work and Activity Guidelines
- Lumbar Fusion Discharge Instructions
- Lumbar Fusion Return to Work and Activity Guidelines
What is Shared Decision Making?
Physicians at Neurosurgery and Spine explain Shared Decision Making, a collaborative process which provides the patient with information about their diagnosis, compares treatment options, and takes individual patient concerns into consideration before a treatment plan is established.
Victor, an outdoor sportsman of Southwest Harbor, was having a difficult time walking and standing up straight due to severe back pain. With a diagnosis of severe spinal stenosis, MMC’s care team, including a patient navigator, guided Victor through his decision-making process, and he chose surgical treatment. Soon Victor was enjoying the great outdoors again.