Providers are eligible to participate in the ACO who are a MD, DO or Primary Care NP and a member of the medical staff of Franklin Memorial Hospital, LincolnHealth, Maine Medical Center, Memorial Hospital, Mid Coast Hospital, Pen Bay Medical Center, Southern Maine Health Care, Stephens Memorial Hospital, St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center or Waldo County General Hospital. To begin the process of joining the MaineHealth ACO, please email us to request an application packet.
Conditions of Participation
- MaineHealth ACO Board Approves Updated Conditions of Participation for Practices and Providers (PDF)
- Conditions of Participation (PDF)
- COPD Assist: Diagnosis, Treatment and Referral Resources for PCPs (webpage)
- Improving the Care of Patients with Lung Health Issues (PDF)
Colorectal Cancer Resources
- A1c Best Practice Framework (PDF)
- Diabetic Eye Exam Best Practice Framework (PDF)
- Diabetes: Hemoglobin A1c>9 Quality Measure (PDF)
- Diabetes Prevention - Episode 1 (podcast)
- Code Status Discussions with Patients: Video and Pocket Guide (webpage)
- MaineHealth Regional Palliative Care Contacts and Resources (PDF)
Heart Failure Resources
- ACO Insider: Target Weight at the Center of Heart Failure (video recording)
- ACO Insider: Advanced Heart Failure: When and How to Refer (video recording) - available upon request. Please contact ContactMHACO@mmc.org
- Heart Failure and Diuretics: Tricks of the Trade (PDF)
- Heart Failure Fundamentals: Target Weight (PDF)
- HTN Best Practices Framework (PDF)
- BP Link: An Initiative to Improve Provider-to-provider Communication in Support of Hypertension Control (webpage)
- MaineHealth Hypertension Toolkit: Getting Down for Life (PDF)
- Peer-to-Peer Hypertension Control (webpage)
- St. Mary's "Obtaining Accurate Blood Pressure" Protocol (PDF)
- Test Your BP Taking Skills (PDF)
Adolescent & Pediatric Resources
- ACO Insider: Adolescent Well-Care Visit (PDF)
- Adolescent Well Care Visits Best Practice Framework (PDF)
- MMC/MMP Pediatric Referral Guidelines (webpage)
- Peds BMI Best Practice Framework (PDF)
ACO Insider: Annual Wellness Visits and Clinical Documentation (video recording)
Reimbursable Preventative Services (webpage)
Key Measure Descriptions:
ACO 13 Falls Screening (PDF)
Practices that participate in the ACO's MSSP contract are automatically enrolled in a special MIPS payment model created for ACO participants called the MIPS APM. Because the ACO reports some categories of data on behalf of its participants, this model places a reduced reporting burden on practices, compared to those enrolled in the standard MIPS model.
- 2019 MIPS Payment Adjustment
If you are receiving a payment adjustment this year, below are two resource documents from CMS to guide you through reviewing your claims remittance advice to ensure adjustments are accurately applied. Per a federal law update, adjustments should only be applied to covered professional services under the Physician Fee Schedule and not Part B drugs.
- Enterprise Identity Management System (EIDM) Accounts: The Quality Payment Program Portal requires you to have a login and password. If you already possess an EIDM account you may continue to use it. However, if you do not have an account, please follow the new process called “HARP” (HCQIS Access Roles and Profile system) which is outlined in the documents below.
- Before You Begin
- Register for a HARP Account
- Connect to an Organization
- Security Officials Manage Access
If you have any questions, please contact Susan Whittaker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 406-3970.
ACO Insider: AWVs and Clinical Documentation (video recording)
Peer-to-Peer: Ambulatory Clinical Documentation Improvement (video recording)
Peer-to-Peer: Better Documentation for Better Patient Care (video recording)
A series of Best Practice Frameworks designed to provide a standard set of strategies and tools specific to help you improve care provided in the ambulatory environment.
Best Practice Frameworks (Webpage)