Contact: John A. Martins
Damariscotta and Boothbay Harbor, Maine – In response to the latest medical guidance to reduce community spread of COVID-19 in Maine, LincolnHealth has expanded its restriction to visitors on the Miles and Boothbay campuses, as well as at the Lincoln Medical Partners practices in Boothbay, Damariscotta, Waldoboro and Wiscasset.
Under the new policy, no visitors are permitted except:
- Pediatrics (one parent/guardian at a time allowed in all areas)
- Obstetrics (one spouse/birth partner allowed in labor and delivery area)
- Day Surgery, often called outpatient or ambulatory surgery (one person involved in care)
- End-of -Life care (one visitor at a time for patients within 24 hours)
- Extraordinary circumstances (one person at a time), if presence is necessary for communication with a care team or patient support (e.g., patient with disabilities)
- One person allowed for the purpose of picking up a patient for discharge
- One person allowed as an escort to emergency department, outpatient and ambulatory areas in some circumstances
“We recognize that that family support is essential to the healing process and that heightened restrictions are particularly difficult for parents with young children, those who are expecting a child and those facing end-of-life decisions,” said James Donovan, President of LincolnHealth. “While this is a difficult decision, we feel it is the best way to protect the health of our patients and of our care team members. All current patients and care team members have been informed of this change," Donovan said.
As a reminder, those who are allowed to visit will be screened at the front entrance of our facilities to further patient safety.
Infectious disease experts recommend social distancing as a way to help contain the spread of COVID-19. While the vast majority of people infected with COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate symptoms and make a full recovery, COVID-19 can be very serious for vulnerable populations, especially older people with underlying health conditions.
For more information on COVID-19, go to www.lincolnhealthme.org.
Learn more about how MaineHealth is responding to the outbreak of COVID-19.
Get the latest information on the spread of the virus from the federal CDC.
With campuses in the coastal communities of Boothbay Harbor and Damariscotta, Maine, LincolnHealth is a full-service healthcare system and is part of MaineHealth, the largest integrated health system in Maine.