Health Insurance Marketplace: Education and Enrollment Help
What is the Health Insurance Marketplace?
The Health Insurance Marketplace is a service that helps people shop for affordable health insurance. Typically, 85% of Mainers receive financial assistance to make the plans more affordable.
When can I sign up for health insurance?
Open Enrollment is November 1 to December 15 each year. You may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period during the rest of the year if you have had a qualifying life event such as:
- Losing your health insurance
- Getting married
- Having a baby
- Adopting a child
Can I get help signing up for health insurance?
Yes! We have Certified Application Counselors (CACs) who will meet with you in-person, review your options, and help you apply and enroll through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Please call with questions or to set up an appointment with one of our CACs.
- Coverage Team: 833-284-8816
- Patient Assistance Line: 1-833-MHHELP1 (1-833-644-3571)
Can I enroll on my own?
Yes. There are two ways to apply and enroll on your own:
- Visit healthcare.gov. The estimator tool allows you to quickly determine if you are eligible for financial assistance and review plans before applying.
- Call the Health Insurance Marketplace at 800-318-2596 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).