Outpatient general infectious disease services include counseling, diagnosis and treatment for:
- Soft tissue, bone, and joint infections
- Recurrent skin and urinary tract infection
- Fevers of unknown origin
- Mycobacterial infections including MAC
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Tick borne infections
- HIV treatment
- HIV Prevention including pre and post exposure HIV prevention strategies
- Hepatitis C diagnosis and treatment
Cheryl Liechty MD, MPH is board-certified in Internal Medicine and in Infectious Diseases. She earned her MD at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She completed her Internal Medicine residency and fellowship in Infectious Diseases at the University of California, San Francisco. She also earned a Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH) at the University of California, Berkeley, with a special emphasis on epidemiology and HIV prevention.
Drs. Eggena and Liechty both held faculty appointments at UCSF prior to moving to Maine in 2005.
Jennifer Guilfoyle, FNP completed her nurse practitioner training at Yale University in New Haven, CT. She practices primary care internal medicine.